Please note that as this is a contracting role, we are unable to process any applications from candidates who are offshore at this time.
Datacom is recognised as one of New Zealand's largest suppliers of Information Technology services. As a New Zealand-owned company, we have managed to maintain a small business feel that is often diluted in larger organisations. It's our people that give Datacom its unique culture and that buzz you can feel from the moment you meet with us.
The Software Build team is part of our Microsoft Engineering amp; Cloud Solutions group. We provide application innovation and consulting services to leading Australasian businesses and government agencies. The Frontend team sits at the crossroads of Design and Backend teams and plays an integral part in the delivery of digital solutions that meet our customer and business goals. Our teams are equipped to use emerging frontend technology stack to build performant web applications.
Our mission is to deliver the best business value, without compromising quality, by engaging closely with our clients and fully understanding their requirements. With specialists in analysis, architecture, development, testing and project management we can design and build leading solutions for any business challenge or opportunity.
About the Role
You'll find a refreshing variety of work here; we do everything from small web applications, through to large microservices platforms built in modern web technologies. We have teams who specialise in every area of tech, so you can learn from the best. You'll also find that you are able to involve in the full SDLC, from presales and RFP stage through to delivery.
Skills and Requirements:
· TypeScript is our preferred language, and we use it across all our projects so you’ll need to be proficient at it
· Experience in ReactJS ecosystem (e.g. Routing, Data fetching, state management)
· Knowledge of open-source libraries, tools and frameworks
· Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages, frameworks and paradigms
· Industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., Azure, AWS or GCP)
· Understanding of common web application architecture, patterns and how to build performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code
· Help champion UX/UI best practice, and design system adoption within the projects