About The Role - Te mahi
We are looking for an enthusiastic Duty Manager who knows how to get the best out of their team and leads from the front by setting and providing the highest levels of customer service. A team player who enjoys the hospitality industry and wants to further their career.
At Sudima Hotels we ensure our guests make the most of their day. We have one passion, you! We care, we do the right thing, and we work together. As a Sudima team member, you will demonstrate these values with your day-to-day actions, however great or small.
This is a permanent, full time role based at Sudima Auckland City in Auckland CBD. The pay rate is $27 per hour with a guaranteed minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Directing and overseeing reservation, reception, room service and housekeeping activities.
- Supervising security arrangements and property maintenance.
- Attend to any emergency issues including security, maintenance, fire or evacuation
- Planning and supervising bar, restaurant, function and conference activities.
- Observing liquor laws and regulations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction.
- Overseeing accounting and purchasing activities.
- Ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations.
- May provide guests with local tourism information, and arrange tours and transportation.
- Ensure a smooth check in and check out process whilst on shift and ensure VIP guests are acknowledged appropriately.
- Ensure employee personal presentation is consistent with Sudima brand standards.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with all hotel departments, teams , senior leadership and external stakeholders.
- Drive revenue, budgets and financials through logical, smart decisions.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (E.S.G) Commitments
- Our People: Celebrate diversity and Inclusion, ensure inclusion of Te Reo Maori and people with Disabilities and Neurodiversity as a priority within our organization at every opportunity, focusing on the wellbeing and growth of our people and communities in line with our values and ESG commitments.
- Environmental sustainability: within the scope of your position ensure decisions, materials and supplies are in line with our ESG commitments for environmental sustainability.
About you | Ko koe tenei
Required Qualifications amp; Experiences :
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2).
- OR At least three years of relevant experience.
- You will need a current General Managers Certificate.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, willing to go the extra mile to ensure guests make the most of their day.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills, with good attention to detail.
- Confident, well-motivated, enthusiastic and determined.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach.
- Ability to prioritize, work to deadlines and remain composed under pressure Work to a high standard, accurate and organized.
- Approachable and flexible amp; a team player Committed to continuing professional development
- Flexibility to work outside normal hours as required. (Which may include early morning starts, late finishes, weekends and public holidays).
- Can work on a rotating roster .
He kura te tangata - We are all valued
As an employer of choice, we offer great employee benefits like life insurance, outstanding health and wellbeing programmes and discounts on hotels, restaurants, bars and spas across our network - not just for you, but in some cases your friends and family too!
- Hourly rate of NZD$27 per hour
- Free Life Insurance, Digital Will amp; Best Doctors teleservice after 3 months of employment
- Wellbeing programme including Health insurance discounts
- Excellent reward amp; recognition events
- Long service and anniversary gifts and benefits
- Staff, family and friends rates within our network of hotels
- Paid training and individual Employee Development Plans
- Training towards NZQA qualifications and our very own online digital learning platform
Who We Are - Ko Wai Matou
Hind Management builds, operates and manages high performing award-winning hotel, restaurant, bar and spa businesses. As industry leaders in social and environmental responsibility, we run a sustainable business model that takes the well-being of our people and planet seriously.
At Hind Management we believe 'We Are all Valued - He Kura te Tangata', our success is a direct reflection of our people and our company culture. We live and breathe Manaakitanga, hospitality is at the heart of all that we do. Our brand portfolio is one of the most accessible in New Zealand, which comes from our belief in empathy, understanding and accommodating differences.
Hind Management has recently been awarded HRD's Five Star Employer of Choice Award for 2022. Our people love coming to work every day and we think you will too! We’re looking for positive people, working with us means getting unlimited opportunities to develop yourself and your career, being part of a community and company culture that’s passionate about putting people first. And it means having the flexibility and opportunity to work how you work best, with lots of different people all working with one goal in mind.
Hind Management is committed to accessibility, should you require assistance or support and are unable to apply online due to an access need, contact our Support Office (09) 399 2508. A Talent and Culture representative will be able to assist, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We are proud to promote diversity and inclusion within our workplace and ensure an equitable selection process for all. We offer a fully inclusive accessible hiring process, let us know how we can support you to present your best self.
E MANAWANUI ANA MATOU - WE CARE
KA WHAI MATOU I TE TIKA - WE DO THE RIGHT THING
KA MAHI TAHI MATOU - WE WORK TOGETHER